New Member Post

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by kavman, Apr 3, 2012.

1. kavman

kavman New Member

Car:
    2000 jetta tdi,2003 Jetta Wagon Tdi
    Mods:
    Rocket II for both Jettas,
    Hi, I have two Jettas. A 2000 TDI, red sedan 257000 miles and a 2003 TDI wagon 238000.

I love my Jettas and have learned a lot from TDI forums. I would like to see how far I can go with both of them. I have two or three nagging problems.

My 2000 goes through front passenger side rotors. They warp. Right front. New loaded calipers all the way around. I go for a few thousand miles smiling and then the pulsing begins. Not sure what to look for. The guides are torqued correctly. I am wondering about a damaged hub, though I can't see any visible damage/misalignment.

People have suggested vented rotors, but I worry that I will have the same thing happen to more expensive rotors.

I also have the air bag/seat belt light on constantly. It can be reset with a vag com ( I don't own one) but always comes back.

My 2003 goes into limp mode periodically. I have done most things on the list to fix, nt75, vtn actuator, cleaned intake, changes vacuum hoses including the one from the cylinder head to the brake master cylinder, MAF, smoke tested the intercooler. I am looking at cleaning the turbo, but question whether it is beyond my ability.

I do basic maintenance, oil filters, brakes/bleeding, starter.

I am also in need of a good VW mechanic preferably in south eastern Wisconsin.

I haven't had time to search the forums yet as a member. Oddly, I deal with so many emails everyday I am not the best at interacting in a timely manner when it comes to forums.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Any misalignment will be invisible, you need a runout gauge test, your front rotors are already vented.

figure out airbag code next time it comes on and trace the bad wiring. The codes will give a clue.

Can't say if cleaning turbo is beyond your ability but do expect everything to be rusted.welcometomyturbodies