1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

New Member - new Limp problem

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by Ti-Paul, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Ti-Paul

Ti-Paul New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta/2002
    I've had a CEL for 5 or 6 years, when I check the code when it stated, it was just a glow plug which I figured I didn't really care cause it doesn't get cold enough where I live. But now California requires Smog check on diesel, so I had to fix all the accumulated codes, All glowplugs, Temp sensor, EGR. none of which affected performance.
    Got it smogged just in time, Now I got a P0234 driving home tonight and need to register to read the full article on limp mode.
    BTW, I didn't see it in the viewable part of the article but bad fuel can also cause limp mode. I commute 30 miles each way every day, of which 15 miles are on a curvy mountain road. Some years ago the turbo would go out on me when accelerating uphill, this would happen 4 or 5 times a week then OK for a few weeks then 4-5/week again. This went on for about a year before I realized it was caused by where I was getting my fuel. This is no coincidence, I now always get my fuel at the same place and have not had the problem for 4 years... until tonight!
    Back to reading the rest of the article...
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI