New Member - new Limp problem

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by Ti-Paul, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Ti-Paul

Ti-Paul New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta/2002
    I've had a CEL for 5 or 6 years, when I check the code when it stated, it was just a glow plug which I figured I didn't really care cause it doesn't get cold enough where I live. But now California requires Smog check on diesel, so I had to fix all the accumulated codes, All glowplugs, Temp sensor, EGR. none of which affected performance.
    Got it smogged just in time, Now I got a P0234 driving home tonight and need to register to read the full article on limp mode.
    BTW, I didn't see it in the viewable part of the article but bad fuel can also cause limp mode. I commute 30 miles each way every day, of which 15 miles are on a curvy mountain road. Some years ago the turbo would go out on me when accelerating uphill, this would happen 4 or 5 times a week then OK for a few weeks then 4-5/week again. This went on for about a year before I realized it was caused by where I was getting my fuel. This is no coincidence, I now always get my fuel at the same place and have not had the problem for 4 years... until tonight!
    Back to reading the rest of the article...
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI