1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

New member from Martinsburg, West Virginia

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by EMD_Driver, Oct 15, 2011.

1. EMD_Driver

EMD_Driver New Member

Car:
    2002 VW Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    Bone Stock
    Hello everyone,

I'm Gary and I just bought a 2002 Jetta TDI last Friday 10/07/11. Put tags on it Saturday morning and got to drive it for two days. The water pump decided to let go on me and the car has been sitting since Monday. I bought the car to get my girlfriend to and from her doctor's and chemotherapy appointments, since my crew cab pickups don't fit their parking spaces very well.

It looks as if I'm getting a new timing belt, water pump, pulleys and thermostat in the near future..

Thanks for letting me join up!

Gary
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
  3. YMZ

YMZ Super Moderator

Car:
    Jetta 2003, Golf 2001
    Latitude 44.407959, longitude -76.018369.
    Details, please... exactly how did it "let go" ??? If the timing belt became loose, then you may have some serious damage if the timing between the camshaft and crankshaft was out of sync...

Yuri