New member from Germany would like to say Hi

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by dave81, Dec 4, 2016.

1. dave81

dave81 New Member

Car:
    VW Passat 3C 2005 BMP
    Hi, my name is David and I am from Germany. I am already following you guys at youtube but I was curious about more content and a deeper look into you forum and knowledge. So I've decided to become a member and by today morning even with a premium membership. The reason for the upgrade is actually my 2005/06 Passat B6 with 2.0 TDI (BMP engine / 140 hp) and the oilpump failure. On my way to the nightshift the "oil pressure" light turns on but I was already on the German Autobahn. Tried to stop as soon as possible but it seems to late. I've also recognized some issues with my transmission. I was not able to keep the gears in place. Some would call it bad luck I call is "schei├če" :(.

Later I will post some pictures from current status. I used to start to take it apart and drain the oil in the first step.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Why is the turbo shaft nut off?

Also, good thing you were able to pull over safely!
    welcometomyturbodies

3. dave81

dave81 New Member

Car:
    VW Passat 3C 2005 BMP
    I think due to the poor oil supply the turbo got stucked. Tomorrow I will pull the motor and transmission. Need to change the clutch, flywheel and so on. Also I need to check cam and crank for further damage. In this case I will upgrade to the non balance shaft oil pump stuff.

thank you.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

4. dave81

dave81 New Member

Car:
    VW Passat 3C 2005 BMP
    FYI: I am still looking for some "new" engine. Due to the rounded hex piece the oil pump couldn't do her job. Cam is in a bad condition, I will need a new one. But with 240k km on the odometer it might me smarter to renew the hole engine including the oil pump delet kit. Happy Holidays

5. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Yes, I would also recommend the delete kit.

dave81 likes this.
  6. dave81

dave81 New Member

Car:
    VW Passat 3C 2005 BMP
    As you can see I've found some metal shavings in the oil pan. Also you can see how the hex stud didn't work as it should in the vid.

Also my current status. Waiting for a refurbished turbo. Looking for a rebuild engine with oil pump mod. And I am waiting for an appointment with at the local transmission shop. In order to check transmission status.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk