New member first vw tdi with turbo issue's already. Lol

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by Unlimited, May 15, 2012.

1. Unlimited

Unlimited New Member

Car:
    Golf mk4 tdi 115
    Not sure if anyone can help but I bought a golf tdi x reg 115 only had it now about 4 weeks and the turbo has started playing up seems to work when it wants to. I've done a bit of research and I first thought it was going into limp mode but when people discribe it they say (you need to turn the engine off and back on again to make the turbo work) I've found my turbo will kick back in without doing that it seems to work very randomly . So far I've tested for fault codes with vag com and nothing came up, changed all the vacuum hose's, replaced the n75 with a brand new one from vw £45, stripped off the inlet manifold and egr valve cleaned up. Vacuum tested the turbo actuator which was fine but found the vanes where sticking so I took the turbo off and cleaned up the vanes which are now very smooth. All of this has had no effect on my problem can anyone please help !
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    welcometomyturbodies

perhaps it's a fueling issue. You've already fixed the turbo, tested the actuator and all lines and n75, so you've ruled out the turbo and control system. So the problem is either an upstream problem like bad ECU (very rare) or other sensor problem, or air - fuel is cutting out.
  3. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    My mates one with the same engine and exact same symptoms ended up being the actuator after all, it was rusted inside and only worked sometimes till eventually it packed up altogether. It could be that yours is heading the same way.

welcometomyturbodies