New here, Polo PD TDI '09 problems

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Semifreak, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Semifreak

Semifreak New Member

Car:
    Vw Polo TDI '09
    Hi!

I'm new on the board but not very new on diesels or cars for that matter. But I got a little problem which I'm struggling to find people with knowledge about. Six months ago I bought a Polo 1.4 TDI. I've been running it mainly on country roads (last 8000 miles) with mostly 45-50 mph speedlimit. And I'm having huge issues with fuel consumption. I've read about ppl getting 73 (imperial) mpg at around 70 mph. My last 70 mph trip (600 miles) I only got 47. I got so unhappy with the numbers that I did a 300 mile trip at 50 mph. Only got 53 mpg. It's low on the miles, only 30k but 41% difference is huge. I can get better mileage with our almost twice as heavy XC60 D5 awd (auto). The only other problem I have is really bad knock/shake at about 1000-1300 rpm with light load. So my only thought was Injector timing. Luckily I own a VCDS, since all problems I hade with My S4 b5. I saw the how to on this sitt. But unfortunately the Polo doesn't support/show torsion value. But here is what I got both during coast drivning and idle. Is there anyone our there who sees any problem on my values? Thanks a lot, Any help at all is very helpful

Here is Idle
    [​IMG]

And coast
    [​IMG]

2. Octavian Diaconu

Octavian Diaconu New Member

Car:
    Vw Polo 2006 1.4 TDI 59kW 1422cc BNV
    I'm having -0.6 -0.4 +1.1:eek::dunno:bangshead
    does anyone know the limits of these values? I would incline to say that there is a problem with injector no 3 (or 1, I don't know where does the count begin :) ) BUUUT..the car runs perfect. 231.000 km, starts "sfert" (word by word means "quarter"...starts at the first stroke...or "fura cheia"..."steals the key") cold or warm engine, maximum 5l/100km, no smoke, full power, no strange noises (that I can hear).
    should I try a cleaning product for the nozzles? are they trustworthy? or they can do more damage than good?

thanks!