need to get a used ecm programed

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by spectre, Jan 5, 2018.

1. spectre

spectre Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006
    After having 2 dealers and a ecm test shop tell me that my ecm had a bad sensor in it I bought a used one from GO ECM in Grand Prairie Texas for $600 dollar ( BEWARE ) I was told that they deactivated the security system and that all I had to do was plug it in and and drive away that was not the case when I called the back they told me it had to be programed something they did not mention when I bought it. So I called the dealers in Marietta GA. who told me they will not program a used one but will sell me a new on for $ 1200 dollar and program it for an added fee. Does anyone know of a shop or dealer in the Atlanta or surrounding area who can or will do this the dealers in Marietta are the ones that will sell me a new one and will not program a used one the car is a 2006 vw tdi jetta and one of them was the dealer I bought the car new from and the did most of the service on it so much for loyalty. I know now why some people call them the STEALERSHIP.

2. terpsgeorgia

terpsgeorgia Member

Car:
    06 Jetta TDI
    I know a guy in the Braselton area who is very much a tdi guru and programs ecu's. Long way from Kennesaw but ....

I am really sorry to hear your struggles are continuing,

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018
  3. spectre

spectre Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006

4. spectre

spectre Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006
    Does he have an email or a phone number if would you please send it to me I would like to at least talk to him as I have many questions about this problem I called Kerma and no help sent an e mail to Malone no answer yet one guy laughed and said he bought an ecm for $35.00 and sent it to Malone to remove the immobilzer and after that installed it and it worked he sounded like it did not have to be programmed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2018
  5. red16vdub

red16vdub New Member

Car:
    03 VW jsw
    Mods:
    Rc3/pp520/SBC daily
    $600. Is absolutely a ripoff.
    I would return that ECU ASAP.
    I brought 2 ecu's and paid $75. Each from different junkyards.

Bajan

6. spectre

spectre Member

Car:
    vw jetta tdi 2006
    I am sending it back I had get the B.B.B. involved but they finally have agreed to refund my money.

7. red16vdub

red16vdub New Member

Car:
    03 VW jsw
    Mods:
    Rc3/pp520/SBC daily
    Good, hopefully you get your problem solved.

Bajan