Need Seat advice

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by Yahoojew, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Yahoojew

Yahoojew New Member

Car:
    09 VW Jetta TDI
    I am re-dying the leather on the GLI seats in my TDI and I am going with a 2 tone layout. Originally the color that Leatherique sent me was too dark, but I decided to keep it and order a custom match for the original color. So the 2 colors will be dark gray and Art gray, which is a medium gray. There are 2 layouts I am considering:

The first is the same pattern as the H&R GTI (1st picture) but instead of silver the bolsters will be gray.

The second is where the inside of the bolsters match the seating portion, just like the 2 tone in a CC or Scirocco.(3rd picture)

What do you guys think looks best?

Attached Files:

login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Personally I prefer the first picture because it has no white or light colours as seats do get dirty and marked over time. Unless you like cleaning seats then go for the others.
  3. Yahoojew

Yahoojew New Member

Car:
    09 VW Jetta TDI
    This is after 2 coats of dark gray dye. I am still waiting for the original color to arrive. I am still trying to decide if I want to coat them with Klear Kote to blend the sheen of the dyes together. Does anyone think I should dye the GLI logo dark or leave it alone?

Attached Files:

4. wofman

wofman New Member

Car:
    jetta tdi/2010
    Mods:
    "wolfsburg" black grille, black spoiler & mud guar
    I'd leave it alone - looks nice. (And you don't have a GLI.)

Question: how does the GLI seat differ from regular TDI? My only complaint about my Jetta is the seat bottoms are too short. Really wish there was a "sport seat" available (like on Audis, for example, where it extends forward under thigh).
  5. Yahoojew

Yahoojew New Member

Car:
    09 VW Jetta TDI
    These seats are a lot more supportive. the bolsters hug you and hold you in place. plus, they are real leather, unlike the vinyl ones that come standard.. I hate the perforated look and love the style of these seats. that is why I switched. The wiring is different though because the seats come out of a 2006 GLI and my car is an 09 TDI. I am still trying to figure out the wiring using my bentley manual.