1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Need help to remove MK5 center console

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI' started by Cire1963, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Cire1963

Cire1963 New Member

Car:
    Jetta/2005
    I have a 2005.5 Jetta TDI that sat in my driveway for 1.5 years. I recently replaced the cam and when test driving it I could hardly shift the gears because the shifter seems to be very tight. I want to adjust the linkage and lube the shifter, but need help on how to remove the center console to access the shifter. Does anyone have a video or instructions on how to do this?
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
  3. Cire1963

Cire1963 New Member

Car:
    Jetta/2005
    Thanks for the info but my shifter boot does not pull off like that. It seems like I have to remove the entire plastic console in order to get to the shifter. I have already removed the emergency brake surround but the console is is perplexing