Myturbodiesel moving on

Discussion in 'site comments/suggestions/corrections' started by chittychittybangbang, Jun 8, 2017.

1. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Dear forum members and diesel fans, when I founded myturbodiesel in 2007, I wanted my site to be an organized, updated, and correct resource for light diesel cars, starting with VW TDI. Many thousands of hours have gone into producing well documented DIY, technical articles, and answering questions for people who needed help with their cars. Because I am returning to school, I can no longer maintain the full-time effort to keep the website operating at the same high level of the past decade. Therefore, I have sold the site to AutoGuide.com, a company which professionally runs online forums, with a specialty in automotive forums.

Forum operations will not be effected, and you may see improvements such as faster loading times and behind-the-scenes ugprades to improve the user experience. With their huge network and professional management, they can bring the site to the next level to continue being a great resource for all of you diesel fans out there.

Thank you for your support over the last 10 years and I wish you all another 10 years of happy driving!

-chittychittybangbang

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
    Seatman likes this.
  2. AG-Admin

AG-Admin Administrator

Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for the site.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us, it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

-Philip

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Active Member

Car:
    2015 Prius Four, 2014 Corolla S, 2010 Prius II
    Mods:
    n/a
    Thank you again for providing this site CCBB. The info and help you provided me was invaluable when needed. I wish you the best with your continued education and life in general. ;)

4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum Philip. welcometomyturbodies

There is slightly annoying feature when someone post a link to TDI Wiki and you click on it the same page changes to that link. Yet other web links open in a new tab.

The other thing is the sub forum titles. We have 2 with Audi A3 but it doesn't show any difference in years. The Mk5 should have Golf, Passat use B numbers in there as well.

I will post more when I think of them.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    AG-Admin likes this.
  5. Vdubcaddy

Vdubcaddy New Member

Car:
    Vw caddy 2004
    Well I've only recently found you, so too loose you so soon is a blow, I ask are your excellent you tube vid's going to remain available?
    Will you still be a contributor to the forum,
    And finally best of life for your return to schooling.
    Cheers.

chittychittybangbang likes this.
  6. Vdubcaddy

Vdubcaddy New Member

Car:
    Vw caddy 2004
    Oh I should say welcome to Philip, now what do you know about motors?

AG-Admin likes this.
  7. audi1z

audi1z Member

Car:
    Audi 80 1Z Engine
    Hello CCBB,
    many thanks to you for developing and running this excellent forum all the time up to now. My best wishes to you for the future.
    I look forward to having also a good contact to the team of Autoguide, so a warm welcome to Philip and his colleagues.

chittychittybangbang likes this.
  8. AG-Admin

AG-Admin Administrator

Please do keep the suggestions coming.
    -Philip

9. AG-Admin

AG-Admin Administrator

I know a lot more about how forums work. ;)
    -Philip

Vdubcaddy likes this.
  10. AG-Admin

AG-Admin Administrator

Thanks for the welcome!
    -Philip

11. AG-Admin

AG-Admin Administrator

Could you post an example of one of these links so I can test this? You want the TDI wiki links to open in a new tab?
    -Philip

12. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  13. AG-Admin

AG-Admin Administrator

Crystal clear, thanks! I will look into this today.
    -Philip

14. AG-Admin

AG-Admin Administrator

What browser are you using? I want to replicate this. Both the links you posted open in new window tabs for me when using FireFox.
    -Philip

15. frodoz737

frodoz737 Active Member

Car:
    2015 Prius Four, 2014 Corolla S, 2010 Prius II
    Mods:
    n/a
    On my Win7 and Win10 boxes they do not open to new window tab using Chrome.

16. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  17. ScottDavid

ScottDavid New Member

Car:
    06 jetta tdi
    Are you still granting premium access? I paid and have no access. I also used "contact us" at the bottom and received no reply yesterday.

18. AG-Admin

AG-Admin Administrator

ScottDavid, could you pm me the paypal transaction info. I will look into this.
    -Philip