My Link Radio and SiriusXM Travel Link

Discussion in '2014+ Chevy Cruze diesel forum and club' started by Ian Hopkins, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Ian Hopkins

Ian Hopkins New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevy Cruze
    Hello,

The My Link radio with Nav in my Cruze does not display the Fuel, Weather, and Movies options. The vehicle I test drove which was built in May included these features and a vehicle built after mine built in Oct. also includes these features. The dealer can not figure out how to add these features to my radio as there is not a TSB on this issue. Anyone having similar issues or know how I can get an upgrade for my radio to include these features? There is an option for radio upgrade but I would need the modules to upgrade.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I believe there's an option in the menus to choose which ones to show on the home menu. Can you change it there?

3. Ian Hopkins

Ian Hopkins New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevy Cruze
    No, it is not an option on the menu list. It is missing. I worked with SiriusXM for two hours because the Chevy chat said it was an over the air update. The programing is, but if the radio is not showing you can use the functions. I'm going to be headed back to the dealer so the service department can try and figure it out. My salesman is actually helping me with service tickes from tech support. Hopefully they will figure it out.

4. DzlCruze1

DzlCruze1 New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    I have the same problem. New car, no Pandora, Fuel, Weather, Movie icons on my MyLink UHQ radio with Navigation AND a SiriusXM Travel Link Subscription.

The good news is that my dealer Service Manager got a plausible explanation of the problem from Chevrolet: My USA car has CANADA MyLink Software.

Pandora and Travel Link are not available in Canada and the cars to do come with those icons. I looked up the GM Canada site and sure enough, the Camaro (Same UHQ radio) page describes the exact available features as my radio. No mention of Pandora, or the Travel Link.

Right now they do not have a solution, but at some point I expect to get either a software update or a new radio at the dealer. I'll post more as things develop. Below is my radio software:

UHQ MyLink Radio with Navigation ... and CANADA software (Build date 11/2013)
    Software version
    23207170 E0.0E.15.02
    22768311 E0.0E.15.02
    22768303 E0.0E.15.02
    22768304 E0.0E.15.02
    22768305 E0.0E.15.02
    22768306 E0.0E.15.02
    22768307 E0.0E.15.02
    22768308 E0.0E.15.02
    22768309 E0.0E.15.02
    22768310 E0.0E.15.02
    77777777 E0.00.41.55
    22950148 C4.0E.15.06
    23208328 C4.0E.15.06
    50000001 C4.0E.1E.40
    23164544 00.01.25.13
    23111189 10.0E.0C.31
    23164647 30.5F.06.20

5. Ian Hopkins

Ian Hopkins New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevy Cruze
    Thanks for the info. After my car was in the shop fro over a week and the dealer working with GM, they came to the exact same conclusion. The car was built with Canada software. My dealer told me that it wasn't the actual radio software but some VIN specific software in the vehicle.

They had swapped my radio out with one of a vehicle that had the USA software and icons working, it still didn't work in my vehicle. They put my radio into that vehicle and the icons were there.

I also haven't received a definitive timeline of when GM may create a new load for my vehicle. I'll be calling every week until its completed.

Did you have any discussion regarding compensation for having to deal with this screw up with your dealer?

6. DzlCruze1

DzlCruze1 New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    My radio is now fixed. I have the Pandora, Movies, Fuel Prices and Weather icons. It also appears that the dealer extended my free XM trial subscriptions too.

I just got the car back from the dealer yesterday. It took Chevrolet two weeks to create a software update for my particular vehicle to add the missing icons: Pandora, Fuel Prices, Movies and Weather. Now everything works. The ticket references the Infotainment Tech Line (problem) number and a TECH CASE number from Chevrolet. I didn't post the number because the service advisor said they were specific to my VIN.

Again, the problem was that my radio had software intended for a Canadian car, and the missing features are not offered in Canada.

If you are missing the Pandora, Movies, Fuel Prices, and Weather Icons, and your radio show an active XM Travel Link subscription, call or chat with the Chevy Infotainment help line and tell them you think your radio has Canadian Software, and you need Chevrolet to create a software update for your vehicle. When it is ready, your dealer should call you to come in and get the update installed.

7. CruzerCarl

CruzerCarl New Member

Car:
    2014 cruze td
    Additional info regarding travel link missing icons. I also was missing Pandora, weather, fuel pricing and movie icons. GM as of 2-24-14 put out a TSB on this problem. If you contact your dealer, he will contact GM for the download for you radio. Takes the dealer approx.45 minutes to install. It worked for me here in Lanc., Pa

8. msav

msav New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevy Cruze diesel
    The manual seems to indicate that the firmware can be updated via the usb port without the dealer getting involved. I may be interpreting it incorrectly though.

9. Steve R

Steve R New Member

Car:
    Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
    The Weather, Movies and Fuel icons are part of a subscription package from Sirius XM