1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Mustang Guy with a VW

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by mstngmach, Jun 27, 2012.

1. mstngmach

mstngmach New Member

Car:
    2001 Jetta Wagon
    My stable is pretty full as I own 6 older Mustangs in various states of completeness. '70 Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet, '68 Shelby GT500, '68 390 GT, '66 GT 289 HiPo, '66 coupe, 95 GT Convertible. Also a '69 Torino GT 428CJ and a '37 Ford Tudor.

My 2001 Jetta TDI Wagon is my work car but it has been rather sick for a while. First the torque convertor lock-up solenoid in the trans messed up requiring a new solenoid. The car has been sitting for a couple of months but this week I decided to get it out and get it on the road again. I dropped the pan and was very easy with the solenoid connectors, didn't break a one. Removed the valve body, disassembled it and cleaned everything and reassembled everything. A new filter and 4.5 quarts of fluid and the tranny works great.

I also decided to go ahead and clean the intake manifold. It was a mess with a hole in the carbon barely big enough for my little finger.

Now here is the kicker, my MAF has gone bad. The car is in permanent limp mode. A check with the old Vag-Com confirmed my suspicions. I have a new one on order from Advance. should be here Friday.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Had to google it what a Tudor was. I've never seen one before.
    welcometomyturbodies
  3. moneypit

moneypit New Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta
    Welcome! I just traded in my '03 GT convertible for my TDI... I don't miss it one bit- New Edge 'Stangs suck. I've owned 5 Fox body mustangs and a '66 Convertible and I LOVED them all, but that '03 was just miserable...