Mustang Guy with a VW

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by mstngmach, Jun 27, 2012.

1. mstngmach

mstngmach New Member

Car:
    2001 Jetta Wagon
    My stable is pretty full as I own 6 older Mustangs in various states of completeness. '70 Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet, '68 Shelby GT500, '68 390 GT, '66 GT 289 HiPo, '66 coupe, 95 GT Convertible. Also a '69 Torino GT 428CJ and a '37 Ford Tudor.

My 2001 Jetta TDI Wagon is my work car but it has been rather sick for a while. First the torque convertor lock-up solenoid in the trans messed up requiring a new solenoid. The car has been sitting for a couple of months but this week I decided to get it out and get it on the road again. I dropped the pan and was very easy with the solenoid connectors, didn't break a one. Removed the valve body, disassembled it and cleaned everything and reassembled everything. A new filter and 4.5 quarts of fluid and the tranny works great.

I also decided to go ahead and clean the intake manifold. It was a mess with a hole in the carbon barely big enough for my little finger.

Now here is the kicker, my MAF has gone bad. The car is in permanent limp mode. A check with the old Vag-Com confirmed my suspicions. I have a new one on order from Advance. should be here Friday.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Had to google it what a Tudor was. I've never seen one before.
    welcometomyturbodies
  3. moneypit

moneypit New Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta
    Welcome! I just traded in my '03 GT convertible for my TDI... I don't miss it one bit- New Edge 'Stangs suck. I've owned 5 Fox body mustangs and a '66 Convertible and I LOVED them all, but that '03 was just miserable...