more topics

Discussion in 'site comments/suggestions/corrections' started by plymouth383, Jan 31, 2012.

1. plymouth383

plymouth383 New Member

Car:
    jetta/2006
    I think myturbodiesel could use a couple more topics for the forums. there is some good information involving the electronics of this car, but no specific forum for them. I think there should be and interior discussion, electronics, performance and economy, ect. its sort of a pain to have to search through the specific model forums to find some of this information
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    It would be nice to have the electronics topics into 1 section but the downside is that people won't discover topics that they would have otherwise seen. And once I start adding forums it becomes unwieldy. For example, I stopped counting the number of forums at vwvortex when I hit 200. I think they have 400-500 subforums. Here there's only about 10 and I think it's still too much.
  3. plymouth383

plymouth383 New Member

Car:
    jetta/2006
    I can agree with what your saying. sometimes on one of my frequent mopar forums it is a little bit over the top. sort of a damned if you do damned if you dont. I do like how this is layed out. I wouldnt do subforums of that type for each individual car set but maybe as a broad topic. It would allow, in my case, for someone to post that type of question in that one forum where it would be easily searched or seen. With all the help I am sure to recieve here I could understand possibly not doing this. Thanks.