Minor typo in fuel injection article

Discussion in 'site comments/suggestions/corrections' started by shipoopi, Nov 16, 2010.

1. shipoopi

shipoopi New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 (B7) Avant 2.0TDi
    Really informative article on Fuel Injection Systems - just spent the morning studying and making notes. One minor point - is there a typo/word missing in the para starting 'The HPFP pressurizes...'?

The HPFP pressurizes .... Fuel is metered at the pump but a fuel pressure regulator valve on the right end of the rail also (regulates/controls??) fuel pressure in the rail by bleeding off pressure.

Thanks again for the great article.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Hmm....it may be an error in transmission. I see it fine. Try doing a hard refresh of your page, control+F5 to reload it.

I see:

The HPFP pressurizes diesel fuel up to 26,107 psi (1800 bar) in an "accumulator rail", shown below on a CBEA engine, a common tube/rail shared by all of the fuel injectors. Unlike most common rail systems which are made by suppliers, VW makes the common rail themselves. (Bosch makes the fuel pump). Fuel is metered at the pump but a fuel pressure regulator valve on the right end of the rail also fuel pressure in the rail by bleeding off pressure.

thank you for bringing it up and if you still don't see it I'll try to figure out why.

Also, post moved to site correction/suggestions section.
  3. shipoopi

shipoopi New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 (B7) Avant 2.0TDi
    Minor Typo

Sorry ccbb I didn't make my post very clear.

I inserted the first few words of the para to identify whereabouts in the article i was referring to. I can read all the text after it. No I thought that there was a missing word after '...of the rail also'.

Maybe I'm reading the sentence wrong.:confused:
  4. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
  5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I've notice another simple typo in http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a3b4/key-remote-program.htm is says

With 1 key in the ingition to ON,.

There reason I'm looking at this page is my http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f4/passat-immobilizer-4472/#post20396 problem the VCDS won't go into the 11 - Immobilizer it says No responce from Controller. I've asked Derek at Ilexa and he says it could have the Immobilizer box on the steering column or its part of the instrument pack. I was looking for the picture of the white box on the column. There is no white or any colour box on the steering column.

Sorry for being so critical. ;)
  6. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Sorry for being dense, what is the typo? To make me see it easier, what would you suggest to correct it?

Our passats didn't have the immobilizer so they are different.
  7. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    If you look in the link its 3. in the set of numbered bullet points under Procedure.

3. With 1 key in the ingition to ON, turn and hold another key in the driver's door lock to UNLOCK and hold for 15 seconds, or until you hear a beep, let go of the door key and let the key return to neutral.

Swap the g & n in ignition. ;)