Looking to buy used TDI

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by arayray94, Mar 28, 2016.

1. arayray94

arayray94 New Member

Car:
    2015 Golf Gti
    I am planning on going to look at a 2015 Golf TDI w/ 20k miles on it. I am wondering what I should look for when buying a used mk7, What are common problems such as drive train, software etc..? Please give me any advice you guys have! Thanks so much

2. sportriderseattle

sportriderseattle Member

Car:
    '10 TDI Golf 2dr
    Mods:
    Votex Sport Styling Kit, stainless exhaust tips an

3. sportriderseattle

sportriderseattle Member

Car:
    '10 TDI Golf 2dr
    Mods:
    13TDiDude, it's this stupid designed forum that does this lumping...not under my control....stupid engineering of the website.....LIKE TOTAL MORON WHO DESIGNED THIS

4. sportriderseattle

sportriderseattle Member

Car:
    '10 TDI Golf 2dr
    Mods:
    exactly, same thing I did, aint rocket science, as it only gives us three options, Report, Like and Quote.

Like I said, moron who designed something in this forum

5. F1wanabe

F1wanabe New Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDi, 2012 Jetta TDi Sportwagen
    I just picked up a 2012 tdi Sportwagen with 36k on it and these are the things I think about: My 2006 felt like it was just getting broken in at 60k-70k so I considered 36k to be new. Your 2015 with 20k miles is still under warranty which would be transferred to you. The first major service is at 40k, so you have a good amount of time to go. Is it DSG automatic or 6 speed manual? Its critical to perform the dsg services every 40k! My 2006 has 265k and the dsg is smooth as it was at 50k! The old "check the dipstick to see if the oil is clean" doesn't work with diesels :D but any oil change records would be good t inspect. At this point they could have only done it once and technically still be ok. I check rear brakes (the rears wear faster on my tdis) and check that tires are rotated. Continentals last about 40k so if they weren't rotated, 2 of them would be really worn. The fuel filter should be done at that mileage if you don't see that its been done yet. I crawl underneath to look for the lower engine cover to see if 1. its there and 2. its in good shape. Like I said, mechanically it should be reliable as heck. FYI, I got a really good deal- $3000 under book value. What are they asking?

6. F1wanabe

F1wanabe New Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDi, 2012 Jetta TDi Sportwagen
    I got mine in Ephrata Pa and I am very happy with the deal given the low miles and like new condition. Sure it waa 2 hours away in Amish country, but as you say, the tdis in the metro areas are selling quick and for a higher price.
    [​IMG]

www.frcfoamies.com
    www.youtube.com/user/gstrysky

7. Sparkn

Sparkn Member

Car:
    2014 Jetta TDI
    I'll be selling mine back so look out for it if you're looking for black on black 2014 Jetta TDI Premium. It's amazing that it's black on black and I don't use the A/C unless it's >80-85 F outside.

F1wanabe likes this.