1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Looking for a shop to take my car to in Dallas, Texas

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI' started by ls1gto, May 1, 2012.

1. ls1gto

ls1gto New Member

Car:
    2006 tdi jetta
    Im in Dallas, Texas looking for a reference for a shop/mechanic familiar with these cars to take my 2006.5 tdi jetta to.

I need to have my timing belt replaced.

Also think I need to replace the DMF. Im noticing the rattle-can noise when the car is first started as well as when the engine is being turned off. It goes away when the car is warm.

This is my first diesel and I have no experience with them. I was expecting to replace the timing belt, but was not aware of the DMF issue until after I purchased the car. I may attemp to change the timing belt myself, but don't really want to drop the transmission in my garage.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    login to remove this ad
  2. DLinzy

DLinzy New Member

There is no better, honest and responsive guy in Dallas than Marin 214-803-5966 tell him Denny sent you.

North east side of Dallas off Forest Ln. / Jupipter area

Great guy to do business with.

Denny