Little Jetta Smoke Puffer

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by Passatpuffer, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Passatpuffer

Passatpuffer New Member

Car:
    2002, 2006, 2003, 2000
    TDI 2006 Jetta bought with son in law, got him hooked on Vdubs. Bought from friend hit in rear as a salvage car (all above the rear bumper), re-skined the rear of the car and painted it, set it down on GLI struts/springs/17in Audi A4 (5 stars), re-grind performance cam and new timing belt at 140k. It makes me want to sell the 2 W8's and V6 4-mo wagon for new TDI Passats. After my 15th vw I am still loyal to the cause. The fuel economy from the little soot puffer is out of this world.

Our country is great but need more TDI's out there. Just picked up an 87 16V Scirocco, going back in time but with gas prices the W8's will sit collecting dust until the prices come down again, will check out the salvage scene for a wrecked TDI and may re-TDI the Scirocco. It is weird how the trend goes today.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I have a friend who put an ALH into a Scirocco. Not easy since the engine mounts are different and there's a ton of custom wiring to be done to make it work. But it can be done!welcometomyturbodies