1. jerryh

jerryh New Member

Car:
    2004 golf diesel
    Trying to deal with a limp mode in my 2004 Golf. I am overwhelmed with the complexity and also the crammed engine compartment looks like a nightmare. My previous VW, 1979 VW Rabbit diesel was really easy to understand and work on. This forum will be important and necessary as I try to work through this. I also ordered a Ross-Tech code reader to help. So, thanks to all who make this forum possible. I thought first my problem might be caused by a deer accident on the right front fender. It looked like some connections on the intercooler became loose, but no issues there. I think now that the biodiesel I make is not clean enough and has caused deposit issues in the turbo. I used B50 in my car and only had some fuel filter issues which were easily fixed. So, I hope I didn't damage my car . I will check the VNT actuator system this morning.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Check the mk4 FAQ index for the vnt actuator faq, turbo vane cleaning FAQ, and the boost leak check DIY for some places to start

welcometomyturbodies
  3. jerryh

jerryh New Member

Car:
    2004 golf diesel
    I thought the CEL would turn itself off after I fixed a suspicious connection on the intercooler lines . But when I drove the car it became obvious that I had actually fixed the problem. The light is still on, car runs great etc. Must be that it needs to be reset somehow. So I'm very happy and relieved. Many thanks to this forum, you will be hearing from paypal soon!