Limp mode 2000 alh tdi Jetta

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by 00vwtdi, May 18, 2017.

1. 00vwtdi

00vwtdi New Member

Car:
    2000 Volkswagen Jetta tdi
    Mods:
    Egr delete, 3" exhaust
    I've replaced the vnt acuator the vnt leaver on the turbo is free, moves by hand. I pulled intake manifold, cleaned that egr deleted it, new vacuum lines, I bypassed all the egr vacuum solenoid no vacuum leaks. New air filter, new coolant temp sensor. I'm not sure what is going here it starts hard, then runs fine but when you drive it and get it above 4 grand it seems to overboost and go into limp mode it only really does it when it's up to temperature though, even when you shut the car off it doesn't go away only when you let it cool down thinking maybe n75 not sure please help asap thank you!

login to remove this ad
  2. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    so your hacking stuff up, aka egr delete... buying and installing parts.... what diagnostics have you prformed?? what does vag-com say?? will have all kinds of new crap with egr stuff... vnt settings correct?? while doing that.. everything move free??

else i know.. the giggly pin that attaches the muffler bearing is cracked...

3. luxuryrules

luxuryrules Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta TDI
    I'm actually very curious about this myself. Got the same issue on a 99.5. Ran Basic Settings 11, and measure vacuum at the end of the hose leading to the VNT actuator, went between 0-24hg. I have some logs from data block 11 and data block 14, I posted them a while back and got crickets in response. Issue is unrelated to 00vwtdi's EGR removal, as the 99.5 has a functioning EGR.

Edit - the thread with my test data: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/threads/losing-boost-at-high-demand.30802/#post-147623
    Edit again - Tried known good MAF, same issue. Tried new N75, same issue. I'm stumped.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 2:54 PM
  4. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan

5. luxuryrules

luxuryrules Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta TDI
    Yep, moves smoothly through its entire range of motion.