1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

leak under anti shudder valve diaphram

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by rexhooligan, Aug 20, 2012.

1. rexhooligan

rexhooligan New Member

Car:
    2002 golf
    Mods:
    grease kit
    2002 golf blowing black smoke recently, not sure if its related to leak I just found. I cleaned intake and anti shudder vavle about 3,000mi ago, maybe too vigorously. There is a hole under the metal diaphram that is facing the valve cover and it seems to be leaking. I had noticed the wetness there but today worse like blowing onto valve cover. Any ideas, tests, or is a replacement of whole valve in my future. Thanks
    login to remove this ad
  2. rexhooligan

rexhooligan New Member

Car:
    2002 golf
    Mods:
    grease kit
    duh its a vacuum diaphram, so I just put vacuum to the metal diaphram and it lifted the thing which would allow egr gas into intake. And held there till I released vacuum so that seems to be functioning properly.
  3. rexhooligan

rexhooligan New Member

Car:
    2002 golf
    Mods:
    grease kit
    Ok further investigating. Bingo! IDParts listing for alh engine egr valve says "great replacement if your current egr valve is spraying oil onto the valve cover and back of your motor" $189.50 looks like its shopping time
  4. rexhooligan

rexhooligan New Member

Car:
    2002 golf
    Mods:
    grease kit
    unless I could just plug the hole!