L.E.D. bulb for headlights info needed.

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by Clarke, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Clarke

Clarke New Member

Car:
    2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S
    I have done some modest research on this forum and others :cool:but do not want to spend the money for an L.E.D. upgrade "yet"; until I know the thing once plugged in will actually work regards of what the after market vendors saying it will. So here is my request for answers please;I am looking to replace the day time running lamps and the regular head light bulb also. ( not the whole head assembly)

1. If you have a 2015 MK 7 Golf Sportwagen TDI S and you replaced the Factory headlight bulbs but with an L.E.D. insert; not the whole lens assembly( $400 each) which one did you buy?
    2. Did you have any issues with after it was installed? ; did you have to add resistors or change the settings in the car etc?
    3. With whom did you purchased them for?
    4. Im not interested in the fogs.
    thanks

2. Clarke

Clarke New Member

Car:
    2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S
    Thank you. I added or rather had to add a 1k 1/4 watt resistor to my rear hatch new LED upgrade light due to the bulb wasn't completely turning off "ghosting" (I think I had 4 volts of trickle voltage in the wires with the hatch and all doors shut) So bench testing this I noticed the LED (VW LED bulb upgrade cabin package ) stayed on about 10% output at approximately 4 volts; another member suggested the 1K at 1/4 watt resistor and "the bench test" after, fixed the ghosting . This was the premise for me inquiry about the headlamps; if Im going to come across some weird problem. I'll take your advice and see how it comes out with me not having to try different configs.

3. mrrogers1

mrrogers1 Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2009
    Mods:
    Rocket Chip CRD 1
    Have you guys seen these? I've heard good, great things about them AND if you check Amazon, reviews and pics look pretty stellar. 2yr replacement guarantee ad well.

http://www.opt-7.com/#home

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B00VNBEUMO

I just got some TDI Cup housings ($500 dealer card is gonna now! #thanksVW) and was thinking about switching to LED when I install them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk