Key Fob Help Please

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by Shawn Wheeler, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Shawn Wheeler

Shawn Wheeler New Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Let me try and make a really long story short...

I just got three complete fobs with new immobilizers programmed for my 2005.5 TDi programmed at the dealership after losing my one and only key. Good news is the immobilizers were successfully programmed for each of the keys and I am now at least able to drive the car.

Here's the bad part... the fobs now work as follows...

Lock Button operates correctly

Trunk Button does nothing

Unlock Button unlocks the doors AND pops the trunk

On top of that, the fuel door button and trunk button inside the car do nothing at all... I had to open the fuel door manually to fuel up..

What the heck is going on and what the heck can I do to fix this? Could I have been sent the incorrect fob style and it simply did not program correctly with VAGCOM at the stealership? They sent me a three button style fob with the red panic button on the side and a blue VW logo.... I don't recall my old key having the blue VW logo but I had just assumed it fell off ...

Thank you all in advance!!

login to remove this ad
  2. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Scan and clear codes with VCDS.

Or try rolling up with blade outside. Then down.

3. Shawn Wheeler

Shawn Wheeler New Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Problem is, I don't VCDS.... Do you mean roll windows up, then down with the key in the door? You do this by inserting the key in the door and holding it to the left, correct?