1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Just picked car up from dealer now immobilizer problem no start

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI' started by williamgd2, May 30, 2012.

1. williamgd2

williamgd2 Member

Car:
    Jetta 2010
    Mods:
    oem backup camera. oem type wing.fuel heater.9w7 b
    Just had 2 keys made and programmed at the dealer $500.00 later I get home and car won't start on the dash it says NO KEY dealer is closed. Is there anything I can do to get my car going? Can I shut off the immobilizer in vcds? Is there a way to relearn the key without having it towed back to the dealer? I don't know what the dealer did wrong maybe they didn't save the program.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    can't shut off immo with VCDS, they don't have this function. Only way to shut off immo is a chip reflash to overwrite the programming.

Try the immo faq troubleshooting steps, other than that you're SOL to get the car moving tonight. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/immobilizer-VW-Audi-FAQ.htm You should be able to get into some of the measuring blocks and see the status of the key.
  3. williamgd2

williamgd2 Member

Car:
    Jetta 2010
    Mods:
    It just keeps getting better. The dealer wants to charge me again to reprogram they are saying it is imposible that the car lost it program. The car has to be towed in again.
  4. williamgd2

williamgd2 Member

Car:
    Jetta 2010
    Mods:
    Dealer just called my car was towed in and the key programming won't save for them either.What a mess because of a crappy Valet.
  5. Cogen Man

Cogen Man Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2011
    Mods:
    Window tint, window vent visors, ScanGauge II.
    Get your $500 smacker's back.:annoyed