Just ordered my Mk6!!!

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by mrlinch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. mrlinch

mrlinch Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI
    I just put the deposit down on my Golf Mk6 this week! Didn't get any deals off the MSRP because there's so much demand for them, but still haven't paid anything other than my deposit so there's a chance for some last minute haggling.

The rough estimate they gave me was 8-10 weeks (in Cincinnati, OH). I'm going to call next week and see if they have a better estimate since I've given them some of my money now. Anybody else have ETAs on their Golfs just for comparisons sake?

I ordered it with the following options: DSG, United Grey, CWP and Xenon lights.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Stefan2006

Stefan2006 New Member

Car:
    2006 VW Jetta TDI
    I've been following the new Golf but I'm not in the market. That sounds about right, both price and delivery date. The regular Golfs and GTIs have been coming in and been delivered.
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I assume CWP is cold weather package? Awesome, I'd like to get one but not at the current price. I don't mind driving a used car or fixing problems - I think fixing problems is fun! Just not when you need to go somewhere, LOL.

The Dynaudio stereo is getting great reviews - it has no sub but it's still pretty good - this would have to be added at the factory.
  4. mrlinch

mrlinch Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI
    Yes, CWP = cold weather package. Considering the relative price, it's nice for the winter months (the salesman did a good job on that one...).

I was thinking about the Dynaudio, but that pushes the car just a little out of my price range. And the base stereo is good enough, especially since it comes standard with an iPod adapter (not sure if that's mentioned anywhere in the guides... don't remember reading it).

As for used cars, that's why I'm in the market for a new one. Having some issues with my '99 Passat and the repairs are worth more than the car. I know I'm losing money in the longrun on the new car (at least if I don't keep it for the life of the car), but at this point in my life, it's worth it.
  5. 914nickd

914nickd New Member

I'm late to the whole diesel deal....ordered a Reflex silver 4 dr, dsg,cwp,xenon,dynaudio a couple of weeks ago. Anyone have an idea as to how long before it shows up...really? I heard from a friend who works for VW corporate that they don't have enough motors to supply Golf and Jetta production so Jetta's will get them first ( more profit?)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
  6. buggy9

buggy9 New Member

I heard that the motors were going to Europe where it's more profitable. Until supply loosens up you just have to wait!
  7. cttdi

cttdi New Member

Car:
    2010 Golf TDI 2 Dr
    Golf Tdi Arrival Date

Does any body have an idea when they will get there Golf TDI ? Has any one gotten there Golf TDI?
  8. speedyj

speedyj Member

Car:
    2010 GSW Highline DSG
    Mods:
    none yet
    I got mine up here in Toronto 2 weeks ago w/CWP, DSG (Highline). There are very few TDI's up here on dealer lots and I have yet to see one on the road. Most being delivered are gas and there are GTi's coming now as well.
  9. rookie

rookie New Member

Are you talking about the Golf hatchback? I'm hearing Nov-Dec.
  10. cttdi

cttdi New Member

Car:
    2010 Golf TDI 2 Dr
    My order

Rookie Yes the 4 door 165" long Golf hatchback.
  11. Mat

Mat New Member

I ordered a Golf TDI Highline on october 19th.
    My ETA up here in Canada is end of march 2010.
    Let the wait begin...
  12. studhilo

studhilo New Member

Almost Ordered One

I test drove a TDi today at Larry Miller VW in Phoenix. Great car. Much more solid than my 2005 GTi. A bit slower, but a better car in many other ways. When it got down to negotiating the price, it was a nasty story. $1000 less than what my trade was worth (per Edmunds and Kelly trade in values) and they wanted MSRP + $1495 for something called Desert Protection Package (paint sealant) + $300 for dealer tinted windows. Essentially a $1795 dealer markup over MSRP. I bid them a Good Day and left. The dealer had one Black 4 door with MT on the lot, but had 16 that he said were arriving over the next few months. Same terms for any of them. Also, dealer wanted a non refundable deposit, but said that they couldn't actually quote the MSRP, since they didn't have the prices - a bit fishy, given that they had a car with a factory sticker on it.

I checked another local dealer that didn't have one and had none on the way (Berge). Three other dealers to go in PHX. Maybe one of them will sell at a fair price.
  13. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I don't even think that a non refundable deposit is legal! Desert Protection Package (paint sealant) is a scam. $300 could be high for tinted windows, it really depends on what tint they are using. $150-300 is an average range. A basic dyed tint is cheaper than metallic/ceramic tint which reflects heat better without blocking light.
  14. diesel guy

diesel guy Guest

"Well, we've never done this before. But seeing as it's special circumstances and all, he says I can knock a hundred dollars off that Trucoat. "
    [​IMG]
  15. rookie

rookie New Member

:laugh: Anybody in the mood for a sportwagen?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. ZoomALH

ZoomALH New Member

I loved both those movies! :nana2: Pea green sportwagen with the fun pack!
  17. Schneideau

Schneideau Member

Car:
    '06.5 Jetta TDI, DSG, Pkg 2 w/Navi (Puddle lights, Mirror dip, Mem seats, Leather) HiFi, R. Airbags, R. Sun Screen, Homelink
    Mods:
    VW/Eibach coils, 17" GTI alloy's, Dynaudio DSP, 1+ Tune, Tow hitch, Aspheric blue mirror's
    Fargo the movie...

FARGO: A classic automobile salesman representation if there ever was.
    A little trivia, Wasn't the dealership an Oldsmobile / GMC / Pontiac store?

As for the VW dealer asking $1,450 or so over MSRP... is the market accepting this? Is this becoming a familiar showroom floor pressure strategy where a percentage of the showroom floor traffic will simply acquiesce? Let’s keep in mind the traditional sales channels have fractioned over the decades given the advent of the Internet …Some of these car dealership businesses are old fashioned stupid. I’ve had the pleasure of doing business with a select few of the good one’s. Lucky I’d suppose.

Just two weeks ago when the MY10 GTIs and new Golf TDIs were showing up at dealerships throughout the country I stopped at Gossett VW in Alpharetta, GA. While curiously walking around the new car lot searching for the new Golf TDI a young salesman approached. I queried where the new Golf TDIs were and he went inside the building to fetch his sales manager. Not wasting a minute he would start into a storyline where the new Golf’s were not available and in fact production was to begin in December with expected delivery in March 2010. The dealership was taking deposits and ordering cars. When I explained that VW dealership’s around the country were currently taking delivery of the new Golf TDI he maintained his storyline. Without pause and staring him directly in the eye I turned my back and walked away.

I hate the modern world which lies to me at every opportunity as if I’m some halfwit. The voices inside my head are saying it’s time to kill again . . . . .
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
  18. mrlinch

mrlinch Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI
    Update on my car:

Just got a call back from my salesman. He said my order was accepted and the car is "being built right now" (I'm not taking that literally but more like, gonna be built any day now....). Delivery is expected first or second week in December.

At least I got a firmer date now but man, I don't wanna wait any longer!!!
  19. 3waygeek

3waygeek New Member

Car:
    2010 Audi A3 TDI
    Gossett doesn't have a very good rep around here (I'm in Duluth). Some friends of mine who used to live just down the road from Gossett took their new Beetle there for service once or twice, and were very unimpressed.
  20. kimluk

kimluk New Member

Trying to get a 2-dr tdi with dsg

The inventory of 2010 Golf TDI is almost zero in Los Angeles. One dealer has a 4-dr with manual and wants $500 over MSRP. One dealer will order the car that I want @ MSRP, but have to wait 2 to 3 months. I don't mind waiting 2 to 3 months as long as it is really 2 to 3 months. Anyone has recently ordered a 2010 Golf TDI ? Please share your experience. Is deposit ($500) refundable?