Just joining in on the TDI fun

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by JD2T, May 4, 2017.

1. JD2T

JD2T New Member

Car:
    MKV Jetta, 2014 Chevy 2500 Duramax
    Mods:
    dump sticker
    Hello all,

Names Justin from southern Maine, after some research I recently picked up a 2006 Jetta 5 speed. I also drive a 14 duramax and pretty much do all my own maintenance besides warranty work;).

The car was neglected for some time so I hauled it on a trailer back to the garage and started by changing all the filters and checking it all over, I'll be jumping into the timing belt next week with the aid of the great write up from this site (timing belt tools coming from IDparts as they are close by). Other than that I look forward to gaining more knowledge about the platform from you helpful contributors with issues as they arise but I really look forward to a great commuter car( 100 miles daily round trip) and hopefully some carefree miles with the right caring touch most vehicles don't get from normal drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
  3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Active Member

Car:
    2015 Prius Four, 2014 Corolla S, 2010 Prius II, Cimbria SS
    Mods:
    n/a
    You have the BRM motor that is know to eat cams/lifters. Check these before you start the belt change. Might save you having to go in twice. ;) Also delete the whole egr package and get the delete tune. This WILL save a lot more headaches.

JD2T likes this.