1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Jetta TDI Engine Squeak

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by RubyBlue, Aug 7, 2012.

1. RubyBlue

RubyBlue New Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Jetta
    I bought my very first VW and my very first TDI about two months ago, so please forgive my ignorance. I am constantly searching this site for answers to my questions and usually find them quite easily.

I had a new noise pop up today and it has me slightly concerned. I was on the phone (via bluetooth) so the radio was down which is a rarity for me and I was coming up to a stoplight on my commute home that is always backed up and on a slight hill. I've often notice the DSG getting a little stuttery when creeping up that hill as people move toward the light and it hasn't bothered me as I've read this is common of the DSG under 15mph.

But...today I noticed that it sputtered a bit and had just a little more trouble going and I heard a very definite "squeak squeak" kind of like a wheel needing oil. Then as I tried to go again, it did it one more time. After that, the light turned and it was my turn to blow through that thing before I got caught again. After that I entered a toll road so I cruised at 80 the rest of my way home.

I don't know if this noise has been present all along because I am most usually blasting the radio, but has anyone else noticed this and if so, should I be worried or is it common?

One a side note: has anyone else been driven completely crazy by all the little squeaks and rattles of the interior?? I have two right now that are driving me bananas, but they are most definitely not the engine noise I heard today. I'm to the point I might dismantle the driver's side door panel myself and stuff as much padding as possible in there to keep crap from squeaking!

Thank you for taking the time to read a new girl's random question!
    login to remove this ad
  2. xeno555

xeno555 Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Slammed
    Noises in a car are hard to diagnose let alone over the internet.
  3. MrBungle227

MrBungle227 New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2012
    Did you every resolve this issue? My girlfriend just bought a 2012 TDI and it just started this faint squeeking. Probably the same issue.