Jetta TDI Engine Squeak

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by RubyBlue, Aug 7, 2012.

1. RubyBlue

RubyBlue New Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Jetta
    I bought my very first VW and my very first TDI about two months ago, so please forgive my ignorance. I am constantly searching this site for answers to my questions and usually find them quite easily.

I had a new noise pop up today and it has me slightly concerned. I was on the phone (via bluetooth) so the radio was down which is a rarity for me and I was coming up to a stoplight on my commute home that is always backed up and on a slight hill. I've often notice the DSG getting a little stuttery when creeping up that hill as people move toward the light and it hasn't bothered me as I've read this is common of the DSG under 15mph.

But...today I noticed that it sputtered a bit and had just a little more trouble going and I heard a very definite "squeak squeak" kind of like a wheel needing oil. Then as I tried to go again, it did it one more time. After that, the light turned and it was my turn to blow through that thing before I got caught again. After that I entered a toll road so I cruised at 80 the rest of my way home.

I don't know if this noise has been present all along because I am most usually blasting the radio, but has anyone else noticed this and if so, should I be worried or is it common?

One a side note: has anyone else been driven completely crazy by all the little squeaks and rattles of the interior?? I have two right now that are driving me bananas, but they are most definitely not the engine noise I heard today. I'm to the point I might dismantle the driver's side door panel myself and stuff as much padding as possible in there to keep crap from squeaking!

Thank you for taking the time to read a new girl's random question!
    login to remove this ad
  2. xeno555

xeno555 Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Tierod Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Noises in a car are hard to diagnose let alone over the internet.
  3. MrBungle227

MrBungle227 New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2012
    Did you every resolve this issue? My girlfriend just bought a 2012 TDI and it just started this faint squeeking. Probably the same issue.