IS VW offering any incentives for TDI owners to buy another VW after they turn in their TDI?

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by allen schade, May 2, 2017.

1. allen schade

allen schade New Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagon 2014
    Does anyone have any knowledge if VW or its dealers are offering any incentives specifically aimed at previous VW owners who are turning in their TDIs?

2. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    No; they can't according to the settlement deal. They are offering some incentives across the board, and individual dealers may work with you on pricing if you are doing your buyback with them, but that's all hit or miss.

3. allen schade

allen schade New Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagon 2014
    Thanks for the info Dub Family.

I would like to replace my Jetta Sportwagon TDI with a Golf Sportwagon S. I already have the roof rack and canoe saddles which would easily go from the Jetta to the Golf. Plus , they will give me another 600 dollars if I buy another VW because I had to cancel the extended warranty and lost 600 dollars when that happened. And trunk liners, rubber floor mats, crap like that. I figure its about $ 1200 to 1400 cheaper to buy another VW than to get something like a Subaru Crosstrek. Although, it the Crosstrek wasn't so damned underpowered,,,I'd be sorely tempted to go in that direction.

4. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    Did you make sure all those parts are transferrable? The Jetta Sportwagen is a MK5/6 body while the Golf Sportwagen is a MK7 body; the sizes and layouts may be different enough that things don't fit anymore.

5. allen schade

allen schade New Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagon 2014
    Thanks Jason,,

You're right.

I had been told by a VW salesman that the cross bars would fit ANY wagon, so after getting your response I went to the dealership, took mine off and tried to put them on a Golf Wagon, they do NOT fit. Good to know this info now, rather than later.

DubFamily likes this.
  6. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    Quite welcome; I just know the lines are a bit different so figured they may have issues. Glad you were able to check before buying, at least you know ;)

7. allen schade

allen schade New Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagon 2014
    Do you know if VW is issuing 1099s when you get your money from them??

8. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
  9. allen schade

allen schade New Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagon 2014
    I've been told that VW issued a 1099 to a guy who turned in his tdi ,,, not sure why,,,, I was under the impression that the buyback amount was given to the tdi's owner with no 1099