Is the rear wiper an option?

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by aminor, Jul 16, 2012.

1. aminor

aminor New Member

Car:
    2012 VW Golf TDI
    I bought a slightly used 2012 Golf TDI. I recently brought it in for the 10,000 mile service and the tech came back and asked me if I knew what had happened to the rear wiper and motor. I told him i had no idea, I had never really noticed it until he brought it to my attention. The wiper control on the steering wheel does have a rear control setting, and I can even spray wiper fluid! My question is, did the previous owner have the wiper and motor removed, or was this an option that wasn't included? AND, what do you think it would cost to have this installed? Thanks for your help!
    login to remove this ad
  2. YMZ

YMZ Super Moderator

Car:
    Jetta 2003, Golf 2001
    Latitude 44.407959, longitude -76.018369.
    I don't know if it was standard issue, but I guess for those who have young children who haven't yet been potty-trained, a rear wiper's mandatory...

Yuri.
  3. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Mods:
    Golf R Steering wheel, E-Brake handle and Shifter \ Sport Pedals \ Torque Pro App \ Clear Sidemarkers
    Previous owner removed it. "Rear Wiper Delete" kits are pretty cheap, and some people are more interested in the appearance or keeping the boot lid clean rather than keeping the rear window clear.

A new motor would probably be expensive, but if you advertize that you want to buy one on http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/ (because so many GTI owners do this) you can probably find a deleted one for a low price.
  4. Cogen Man

Cogen Man Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2011
    Mods:
    Window tint, window vent visors, ScanGauge II.
    It's standard on the Golf hatch. PO removed it as Dubfamily said.
  5. aminor

aminor New Member

Car:
    2012 VW Golf TDI
    Thanks for getting back to me on this. I will begin my search to find a replacement!
  6. BrShootr

BrShootr Member

Car:
    2011 MK6 TDI
    Here's an option, offer to trade your used wiper delete kit for a used motor/wiper and you pay shipping. It'll be a "steal" for both of you. You'll save tons, the other guy will get a rear wiper delete for free.
  7. xeno555

xeno555 Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Good idea so everyone gets what they want & cheap...
  8. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  9. fastson

fastson New Member

Car:
    2013 1.6 TDI BMT
    Wow.. why? Seems a bit... retarded? :confused:

Driving in the rain the car sucks up a lot of dirty "road rain" completely fogging up your rear view.
  10. BrShootr

BrShootr Member

Car:
    2011 MK6 TDI
    Some people care about the look more than the rear view mirror in the rain. Specially if they live in a place where rain is not something that happens ver often.