Injection Pump timing

Discussion in 'Biodiesel general' started by 46Chief, May 12, 2011.

1. 46Chief

46Chief New Member

Car:
    VW jetta 2002
    I started using 100% processed fryer oil, and also had a TB change. I have access to a VagCom and am wondering Where I should set timing for the TDI. I've searched this and Fred's site but keep getting distracted and cannot find what I need.

I know first post isn't an intro, if ya want to know who I am send me a PM. I also needed to post to get access to exclusive content.

Great site though, definitely the most useful one I know of regarding TDI's.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Open engine. Basic settings and look at the chart for tdi timing. Select ALH engine. Set timing at desired position. Yes, see part 2 of the ALH timing belt writeup for pictures.welcometomyturbodies
  3. 46Chief

46Chief New Member

Car:
    VW jetta 2002
    Actually I've been searching to see if it is advantageous to advance or retard the timing in regards to runnig Bio vs dino. I ended up setting it right on the blue line (middle).

Still sorting out low power issues, timing helped some.
  4. goldstar

goldstar New Member

Car:
    Polo 1.4 Tdi 2003
    B100 benefits from advanced timing as it burns slower than D2. At least 3 degrees advance and up to 5 degrees is safe. If you occasionally run D2 stick to three degrees.
  5. 46Chief

46Chief New Member

Car:
    VW jetta 2002
    Hasn't seen pump fuel for at least three months. Unfortunately the car is losing power badly, changed the fuel filter, Checked the mech timing, cleaned a bunch of oil from the bottom of the intercooler. The Vagcom doesn't indicate anything bad, no overboost, pressure 12-14lbs, MAF readings looked fine, car doesn't act like it's getting enough boost, fuel or air. guess my woes should be addressed in another forum. Was hoping the Bio might clean some things up run a little better.

Thanks for the input Goldstar
  6. theodor tymczyna

theodor tymczyna New Member

Car:
    passat 2002
    Mods:
    gas flowed head etc...
    bio fuel

bio is only good with mechanical injection engines because the settings is less critical.

try and mix diesel with fuel 60diesel 40 bio.

dont forget we are never sure of the quality of diesel in canada because in the first place .

i will contact my buddys in the uk on this matter .

there are tuning houses in the uk who will help to overcome these shortcomings.

regards theo .t