I bought a 2008 Golf 2.0 TDI today !

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by Hardup, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Hardup

Hardup New Member

Car:
    VW Golf 2008 TDI Auto
    G'day there,
    Thought I would stick my head in here and say G'day. So, G'day !
    A fine forum it seems to be and having read the wiki thing on TDi, here I am.
    So I have been desiring a diesel golf for a while now and finally came across one in my price range.
    2008 2.0 Tdi Auto "Pacific" Black in colour. Around 245,000 km or 155,000 miles on the clock.
    It has a good service history by all accounts, (the logbook is up to date)
    However, it was sold with an overboost error issue. (mechanic diagnoses from seller)
    Driving it back home from purchasing, there seemed to be a few jerky movements controlled seemingly by engine/ transmission speeds. Ie not smooth as one would expect.
    So I gave it a bit of pedal for a while, and after a roundabout, (and remembering the Minis in ' The Italian Job') it seemed to lose power, it still drove but I am guessing it went into Limp mode- I didn't note any check engine style warning light come on.
    So, there it is!
    Initially, I plan to do the engine oil, flush and filter, followed by fuel filter, check air filter, clean the MAS/MAF sensor, check vacuum and turbo hoses.
    I guess there will be more to do as time permits!
    (Now, what type/ grade of oil do I need... ?!)
    Cheers all and look forward to posting in the technical sections.

login to remove this ad