HPFP Removal Help

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Slammedtdi, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Slammedtdi

Slammedtdi New Member

Car:
    2010 Sportwagen Tdi
    heh guys im removing and replacing the HPFP on my 2010 sportwagen. I’ve gotten everything out except for the hpfp. Can’t get it to clear because of the location of the throttle body and egr. Is there any way to get the pump out without having to take the throttle body and egr off?

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

3. mu2bdriver

mu2bdriver Active Member

Car:
    2003 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    Stock
    Who cares? Half your recent posts are criticizing newcomers politely seeking help. Virtually every person on this forum is helpful, at times to excess, and if the guy is the one of a thousand to get ‘free’ help and disappears, who cares? There could be a dozen other people with similar problems who you’re turning off just from your responses. If you think this is such a grave violation of someone else’s forum, there’s a more tactful way of expressing it.

OP- Welcome to the forum. I don’t have a good answer for you but I’m sure others will chime in.

David Capalbo, Dave N and mdrake like this.
  4. Slammedtdi

Slammedtdi New Member

Car:
    2010 Sportwagen Tdi
    Hey guys my bad if I did something wrong.... I’m def not here for free help which is why I paid the money for the full access. If I didn’t follow the rules my bad but def not here for free help.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2017
  5. mrblah

mrblah Member

Car:
    VW JSW 2014 TDI 6sp
    Didn't you get the fix from VW?

Then that HPFP pump would be under warranty no?

6. mdrake

mdrake New Member

Car:
    2010 Golf TDI 6-spd 2-door
    I'm going to be purchasing a 24 hr Erwin subscription (official VW publications for repair manuals, maintenance manuals, tsb' s, wiring diagrams, etc.) soon. I'll be saving them off as pdf's as many as I can. I'll keep an eye out for this topic during my downloads and let you know if I find anything.

That being said, is there a reason you are reluctant to remove the Throttle and HP EGR valve? They look pretty easily removable.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2017
  7. mdrake

mdrake New Member

Car:
    2010 Golf TDI 6-spd 2-door
    Sorry for the delayed response. Were you successful in removing the pump? So I downloaded the factory manual. It doesn't say anything about removing the Throttle and HP EGR Valve. The bullet points of the removal are:

-Remove Timing Belt
    -Disconnect fuel supply line from high pressure pump
    -Disconnect the connector -1- and remove the bolts -arrows-
    -Install the -3314- with the groove -arrow A- on the collar of the protective sleeve -arrow B- and pull the connector off the glow plugs
    -Carefully disconnect the connectors from the glow plugs in the direction of -arrow-
    -Remove the coolant line bolts on the intake manifold and move the coolant line to the side.
    -Remove the fuel return line from the high pressure pump.
    -Remove the fuel return line from the fuel rail (high pressure reservoir) and move it to the side.
    -Remove the toothed belt gear from the high pressure pump.
    -Counter hold the high pressure pump bug using the -T10051- and remove the nut -1-
    -Install the -T40064 with the -T40064/1- and the -T40064/2 as illustrated and remove the hub from the high pressure pump. Counter hold using a 24 mm open end wrench, if necessary.
    -Remove the high pressure pump bolts -arrows-

Sorry obviously this has many references to pictures and special tools but hopefully it gives you an idea of what the factory process is. Maybe if you didn't remove the gear/hub you don't have as much room to pull out?

Take pictures and let us know how it goes. Also let us know why you're doing this.
    If you need the factory manual, PM me and maybe we can figure something out.
    Good luck!

mu2bdriver likes this.