1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

How to retrieve SKC from a VW Golf 4

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI' started by contu_meu, Feb 10, 2012.

1. contu_meu

contu_meu New Member

Car:
    vw golf mk4
    Hi I have recently bought a VW Golf 4 and it came with only one key. I want to make a backup key. I have the tool to do it a ODBII cable and VAGCOM 409 from a friend, but until know I didn't had any luck to retrieve the SKC.

Has anyone have a step by step printscreen tutorial? It would be very helpful
    Thank you.

Sorry for starting a new thread but it seems that I am required to make a post in order to access that information.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

This is the most asked question on here if you search.

There is units that will retrieve the SKC number and programme your new key at the same time something like VAG TACHO with its cable not an EOBD II cable maybe VAG Commander 1.4.
  3. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
  4. calsettle

calsettle New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta TDI 2000
    VAG Pin readers

Researching VAG Pin readers. There seem to be one popular one but it's $200. A little steep for my blood. I have the latest VAG-Com setup from Ross-Tech but I know that will only program if you have the SCK. I'm a little hesident about hooking up some $25 China cable to the CPU. I fear the only other solution is to buy the replacement key half from VW.