1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Hitch for 2012 Golf TDi

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by gilles_o, Jun 25, 2012.

1. gilles_o

gilles_o New Member

Car:
    Golf/2012
    Do you have a recommandation for a hitch on a 2012 Golf TDi ? Do you have a photo of your install?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Gilles
    login to remove this ad
  2. rhino1829

rhino1829 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI
  3. ksing44

ksing44 Member

Here is a huge picture of my Curt from U-Haul. It is pretty heavy duty, but I think nice looking at the same time too. I like the big round tubing compared to the square smaller tubing on the other brands. It is just a little lower and quite visible, compared to the hidden variety. The good news, it was pretty darn inexpensive, it doesn't rattle and you don't have to buy a GTI exhaust and valence to make it fit.

It is a Curt, but I have the Draw-Tite rubber plug in the opening.
    [​IMG]

Another big photo, looking down on the hitch from behind the car.
    [​IMG]
    from flickr
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  4. stumpie

stumpie New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDIO
    just did my 2012 TDI using a Curt hitch, quite satisfied