1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

hi there all

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by hoops, Apr 15, 2012.

1. hoops

hoops New Member

Car:
    octaviavrs 2.0 pd bkd
    hi there i am just introducing myself i have a 56 plate octavia vrs diesel its not been the best buy ever which is one of the reasons for me joining i am hopin to gain and share usefull info about the 2.0 pd bkd engine ! i am not a mechanic but have quite alot of background with cars mostly gained from my dad who is /was a mechanic and from my own interest in cars :D
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    16 valves and 140bhp isn't it? Sounds like a cool car, anything added/modded? Any plans?

Also is it as cold in Huddersfield as it is up here in Scotland just now?

welcometomyturbodies
  3. hoops

hoops New Member

Car:
    octaviavrs 2.0 pd bkd
    hi mate 170 hp standard but recently had it re mapped when i removed the dpf filter its now just over 190hp but there is still a problem with the car as it should be producing over 200 !
    i have a problem with it blowing white smoke on idle, i have been tried many things so far but not got to the bottom of the problem yet
    its not as cold as it is up by you i understand but still chilly in a morning and evening
  4. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping