VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Hi! From TDI n00b

815 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Keithuk 
#1 ·
Hello,
Not sure I actually qualify to be here yet, my '16 VW GSW TDI is being held hostage in port until VW releases them to dealers. I have been waiting for it since April. I currently am car-less; sharing the wife's mini-SUV.
I dealt with 4 years of traveling 20k+ miles-per-year @ 14 MPG when fuel costs were at there worst. Gas prices drop, truck value goes up, and I could no longer take being part of problem. I live in a place where about 2/3s of every vehicle on the road is either a full-size truck or SUV and are normally transporting a single occupant. BOOO!
I went for the Golf Sportwagen - I used to dream of owning a Bimmer wagon, but presently the Golf makes for a good example of a German-engineered grocery-getter that may well surprise some folks on the switchbacks and costs $15k less.
Anyways, I plan to mostly monitor, and try to glean some bits of diesel wisdom and maybe avoid any n00b mistakes.

-r

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.