Hi From Lincoln, NE Beetle Issue

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by BettyBeetle, Mar 24, 2017.

1. BettyBeetle

BettyBeetle New Member

Car:
    VW Beetle 2000 1.9TDI
    Hi, I'm from Lincoln, NE and I have a 2000 VW Beetle 1.9 tdi.

So, I found this forum while looking for answers. I purchased this Beetle in December 2016. I got it running a month later. Now, in March, after fixing a hose within the cooling system it is always running like a cold tractor. She sounds awful, much older then before, loud clattering. I have removed and cleaned the EGR valve, no change. I had to also replace the MAF sensor connector. Oil changes have been done on time. Replaced gaskets to FIP to get her running in January. The codes stored are as follows...

P1441 - EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid Valve Short to Ground
    P1549 - Turbocharger Wastegate Regulating Valve Circuit Open/Short to Groung
    P1144 - MAF Sensor Bank 1 Open Circuit or Short to Ground
    P1252 - Cold Start Injector Short To Ground

Also, figured out that my GPL never comes on like it should, didn't even know what it looked like till I started searching online for it.

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated (self mechanic). The auto store says to "Replace Power Relay(s)" and when looking further it only said to replace "Relay - ECM Wiring" which doesn't tell me which one to change.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. BettyBeetle

BettyBeetle New Member

Car:
    VW Beetle 2000 1.9TDI
    Cleaned MAF and no change.

3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I would also look at more grounds. During the process, check for wiring shorts in the wiring harness. It's possible you have random shorts.

4. BettyBeetle

BettyBeetle New Member

Car:
    VW Beetle 2000 1.9TDI
    It was fuse #34. It blew when the maf connector was replugged in. Replaced maf sensor connector and the fuse and she's running awesome now.

chittychittybangbang likes this.