Hi all, rcbamm here with my 05 Golf TDI

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by rcbamm, Jun 25, 2012.

1. rcbamm

rcbamm New Member

Car:
    99.5 Jetta TDI. 2005 Gold TDI BEW
    Mods:
    Colt Cam Stage 3, KermaTDI 150hp Tune. Stage 2 endurance clutch.
    Hi all,

Quick intro to this forum so I can have full access :D

Last year I became obsessed with wanting to get a VW diesel for fuel economy, it was first trying to find an old rabbit, but then just went ahead and bought a 99.5 Jetta TDI with 178k miles, all maintenance records and it ran pretty good, I drove the Jetta for about 5 months then stumbled upon an 05 Golf TDI with 99k miles from the original owner for a jump on it deal. Ive been driving the Golf since November and put 14k miles on it so far. in January I ordered 35mm offset 19x8.5 5x112 RS6 replica wheels and a DGR adjustable coil over set, also ordered 2 5x100 - 5x112 15mm thick wheel adapters for the rear and re-drilled the front hubs to 5x112 pattern installed stud bolts onto the hubs. I almost achieved the stance and look I wanted with the wheels, but being that they are replicas I believe that's where I find it not exactly what I wanted. Put about 5k miles on the wheels and re-drilled hubs, no cracks, no issues.

As of Last Saturday, I did an inspection of the cam lobes and yep, I need to replace the cam :annoyed

Getting my knowledge in to do this task of replacing the cam, I don't want to never have to deal with this problem again so I'm more than likely gonna go with the Kerma Colt cam, stage 1 or 2 I don't know yet. I've been wanting a taller 5th gear and tune before I found out about this cam problem, but being 20, working almost a month to pay for the cam, all together it would take a big chunk out of savings :(

Will update pics as time goes on.

Hope you enjoy :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    great pics! There's some really nice 5x100 wheels too :)

With the larger diameter wheels, it's already got taller gearing, 5th gear mod will make it extra tall. IMHO, gearing that tall can really suck some torque.
  3. rcbamm

rcbamm New Member

Car:
    99.5 Jetta TDI. 2005 Gold TDI BEW
    Mods:
    Colt Cam Stage 3, KermaTDI 150hp Tune. Stage 2 endurance clutch.
    Thanks!

Yeah, I looked around for 5x100 wheels and couldn't find the ones I truly wanted

I did a measurement from my old stock tires that were on the stock 16's and the Falken 215/35r19s are actually smaller in diameter, my mpg has decreased slightly with this new tire and wheel setup. I haven't pushed it but I usually get 650 miles before I top it off again. My Jetta was getting 800 miles a tank