1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Hey all! 2006 Smart Actuator Wire Color Code?

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by whiplash-smile, Apr 12, 2012.

1. whiplash-smile

whiplash-smile New Member

Car:
    2006 TDI Sport Beetle
    Hello everyone - new to the forums(not to VW's) I currently own a 2006 TDI Sport Beetle that I will be replacing the stock Turbo with a VNT 17. I have had a check engine light for a while that was traced to the Smart actuator. I crawled under the car recently to see what all was involved and found the 3 wires that go to the "D" plug severed about 2" from the turbo - looked very surgical ;) so i removed the plug from the smart actuator and ran down to the dealership(the car still runs fine, just has a check engine light on now) The parts guy was somewhat helpful and went back to a tech to see if he had replacement wires and while he was back there went to a tech for a tool to remove the pins... I hadn't recorded the color before hand(yeah I know) the tech, ever so helpful, removed the pins without consulting me.

Does anyone know what the color code is for sockets 1, 2, and 3? I would be most grateful for it!

Thanks and this site is a wealth of info!
    login to remove this ad