Hey all! 2006 Smart Actuator Wire Color Code?

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by whiplash-smile, Apr 12, 2012.

1. whiplash-smile

whiplash-smile New Member

Car:
    2006 TDI Sport Beetle
    Hello everyone - new to the forums(not to VW's) I currently own a 2006 TDI Sport Beetle that I will be replacing the stock Turbo with a VNT 17. I have had a check engine light for a while that was traced to the Smart actuator. I crawled under the car recently to see what all was involved and found the 3 wires that go to the "D" plug severed about 2" from the turbo - looked very surgical ;) so i removed the plug from the smart actuator and ran down to the dealership(the car still runs fine, just has a check engine light on now) The parts guy was somewhat helpful and went back to a tech to see if he had replacement wires and while he was back there went to a tech for a tool to remove the pins... I hadn't recorded the color before hand(yeah I know) the tech, ever so helpful, removed the pins without consulting me.

Does anyone know what the color code is for sockets 1, 2, and 3? I would be most grateful for it!

Thanks and this site is a wealth of info!
    login to remove this ad