Help with Radio upgrade

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by virgopelo, Nov 16, 2016.

1. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    VW JETTA 2006 tdi, AUDI A3 2012
    hello to all i an upgrading the concert II head unit radio on my audi a3 2012 i purchase this car used like 2 month ago and the radio never work so i decide to upgrade the head unit with a aftermarket radio with android navigation and reverse camera i order a kit to be able to install the radio physical and electrical the physical part work fine but the electrical no jajaja this cars are complicated ,
    the harness that i order is more for for audi A3 2008 so is different
    the main problem that i have is that i have no sound on the rear speakers in this car the front speakers are connected directly to the radio but the rear speakers are feed with an amplifier on the rear door .until know i have a bunch of cables that i have no clue where to connect .
    i being searching on the web and i didn't found the correct wiring diagram for my car
    i an adding a picture of the 3 connectors that came from my radio
    any one know where are connected the connectors green and blue?
    i have some experience connecting aftermarket radio on many cars but boy this audi it is a complicated car

Attached Files:

2. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
  4. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    hi yes happy to report that it work fine
    [​IMG]Originally Posted by Audi_O [​IMG]

the connector that goes to the rear amp for sub and rear speaker, the wires are

1- Line input - right rear
    2- Line input - ground
    3- Line input - left rear
    5- Infotainment - can-bus low
    6- Infotainment - can-bus high
    9- Switched Positive
    17- Left rear +
    18- Left rear -
    20- Right rear +
    21- Right rear -
    22- Ground
    23- Battery +

you will only need to tab the wires on the green connector for audio you can use the RCA output directly form the aftermarket radio no extra converter is need it .
    is important to connect the wire number 9 to turn the amplifier on .
    if any one need help with a similar project i will be happy to help
    y will post pictures of the connections and the radio .
    the radio is a china made Android radio and work like a charm the only down side is that the radio take like 40 seconds to boot .as soon as you turn the car on the sound will came out but the screen it wont show any other image that the android
    other tan that is a great unit for the price was 209 with shipping include on ebay