1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Help with power consumption and after market aux heaters

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Justin_E, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Justin_E

Justin_E New Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2012
    OK. I know nothing about electricity or car batteries. Here is a link to a product that is 1200 watts wired directly to the battery. This is a 48V version, but there are 36 and 24 also. Is this something that is even usable in a car like a golf tdi. I know there is already a 1000 watt aux heater, but i'm wondering if additional heat could be added or not. I'd appreciate any knowledgeable responses.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/us-made-48-volt-ducted-electric-heater.html
    login to remove this ad
  2. Justin_E

Justin_E New Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2012
    Never mind I guess. Looks like all car batteries are 12 volt. They do have a 12 volt version of this product but I don't think it would be worth doing.
  3. Rauss

Rauss New Member

Car:
    2011 Golf MKVI 2.0TDi CRD
    you car already have an electric heater. If I remember it's a 1000 watts. Put Heating at max and listen to a tiny click from the electric box.
  4. Justin_E

Justin_E New Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2012
    Yeah I mentioned that in the original post. I was looking for additional heat as the aux heater is very minimal. Just picked up the car today. BAD ASS.