help me with part number :)

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by Nick_f, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    Hey guys, new to posting on this forum, but very long time lurker:thumbsup

I used a DIY to replace the EGR hoses on my 2006 tdi and with great success (the two that conects to the firewall)

When i took the car for a spin i noticed the coolant leak was still present, but from another hose.
    I searched the net and couldn't be %100 sure on the part or the part number before I go to the local Vdub dealer.

found a few links but no part numbers. It is the below the EGR and and has a foil wrap around it working its way to the top of the motor (not exactly sure were it ends up yet)

I found this photo and the hose i need is the one with the arrow on the left pointing to it. Number one on the photo

[​IMG]

i also tried cutting the line and reattaching it but still a fast drip coming from the hose

any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    login to remove this ad
  2. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    Update.

I went to a local VW dealer with the picture, and they couldn't be 100% sure what part number it is on the schematic. They want me to bring the car in to get a look at it, but the car is on Jack stands and I'll fix the car.
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    The foil wrap thing is the vacuum actuator for the EGR cooler valve. That metal line coming out of it is a vac line.

I think hose #1 is #24 in the diagram attached. I can't tell you more than that but I'm pretty sure it's #24.

Attached Files:

4. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    THanks for the reply, but i already replaced part number 24. it is number 3 on the photo i posted is the pipe i replaced. comes in a set with another pipe.

Number One in the photo i posted is the pipe i need. it has a heat shield wrap around unlike the parachute cover over the EGR cooler valve.

Bump :)
  5. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    after looking at the car, i can be certain it is part number 20.

comes from the top rad hose, and a union that connects to the motor, than snakes down to the EGR cooler.
  6. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    Took the pipe off which is a PIA.

part number on the pipe is 3co 121 157 aa if anyone else has a leak like this