1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

help me with part number :)

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI' started by Nick_f, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    Hey guys, new to posting on this forum, but very long time lurker:thumbsup

I used a DIY to replace the EGR hoses on my 2006 tdi and with great success (the two that conects to the firewall)

When i took the car for a spin i noticed the coolant leak was still present, but from another hose.
    I searched the net and couldn't be %100 sure on the part or the part number before I go to the local Vdub dealer.

found a few links but no part numbers. It is the below the EGR and and has a foil wrap around it working its way to the top of the motor (not exactly sure were it ends up yet)

I found this photo and the hose i need is the one with the arrow on the left pointing to it. Number one on the photo

[​IMG]

i also tried cutting the line and reattaching it but still a fast drip coming from the hose

any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    login to remove this ad
  2. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    Update.

I went to a local VW dealer with the picture, and they couldn't be 100% sure what part number it is on the schematic. They want me to bring the car in to get a look at it, but the car is on Jack stands and I'll fix the car.
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    The foil wrap thing is the vacuum actuator for the EGR cooler valve. That metal line coming out of it is a vac line.

I think hose #1 is #24 in the diagram attached. I can't tell you more than that but I'm pretty sure it's #24.

Attached Files:

4. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    THanks for the reply, but i already replaced part number 24. it is number 3 on the photo i posted is the pipe i replaced. comes in a set with another pipe.

Number One in the photo i posted is the pipe i need. it has a heat shield wrap around unlike the parachute cover over the EGR cooler valve.

Bump :)
  5. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    after looking at the car, i can be certain it is part number 20.

comes from the top rad hose, and a union that connects to the motor, than snakes down to the EGR cooler.
  6. Nick_f

Nick_f New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
    Took the pipe off which is a PIA.

part number on the pipe is 3co 121 157 aa if anyone else has a leak like this