1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

help clutch went right to the floor

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by abemack, May 20, 2012.

1. abemack

abemack New Member

Car:
    2002 golf tdi
    hellow, i was just driving and went to stop, when i applied the clutch it went all the way to the floor and did nothing i stoppped got popped the hood and noticed that the line that conects to the vaccume pump was hissing and cracked.

will i have to bleed my clutch fluid now, my clutch peddle does nothing now, but my breaks seem to work fine.

has anyone had this before
    login to remove this ad
  2. abemack

abemack New Member

Car:
    2002 golf tdi
    tried to bleed system might have been a little air, goinig to get a hose now.

after bleeding clutch still no pressure on clutch pedle
  3. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    I've seen it mentioned a few times now, it's usually one of the cylinders, either the clutch master or slave. Have you checked there's nothing broken at the pedal?
  4. interstone1

interstone1 New Member

Car:
    2004 vw jetta tdi sw
    just happend to me last week after driving from FL to detroit on 2000 jetta tdi. Thought it was my slave cylinder ended up being my through out bearing on clutch. After u take off slave cylinder try to look inside trans to see if any loose parts etc in there
  5. interstone1

interstone1 New Member

Car:
    2004 vw jetta tdi sw
    clutch problems

just happend to me last week after driving from FL to detroit on 2000 jetta tdi. Thought it was my slave cylinder ended up being my through out bearing on clutch. After u take off slave cylinder try to look inside trans to see if any loose parts etc in there