1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Hello

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by jimolivier, Mar 13, 2011.

1. jimolivier

jimolivier New Member

Car:
    2000 jetta tdi
    Hello, My name is jim and I've joined this forum for help fixing my 2000 jetta tdi 5spd black.

I bought the car in september for 4800, and it drove well for about 3500 miles.
    One day I took off if the morning, I got about 1 mile down the road and the coolant light comes on, the engine was still relatively cold, but the coolant system had quite a bit of pressure built up.
    The coolant was discolored and definitaly contaminated and of course if was low.

I topped off the coolant and kept driving the car. Every 400-500 miles if would lose about a cup of coolant, this is how much I put in when the light came on. This went on for another 2000 miles.

I did the sniff test on it, and it did change color but only if the engine was revved up over 3000 rpm.

The car has a vnt-17 and a mild evry mod (witch was turned off when coolant issue started), So i figured the higher boost (19 psi) may have been lifting the head slightly under high boost so I installed arp studs with little luck, altough it did help.

So thats why im here
    I think I can figure it out by searching thanks!
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Yeh the how to for taking the head off is in the faq:)

welcometomyturbodies