Hello from Sunny South Africa

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by TRISG01, Nov 24, 2016.

1. TRISG01

TRISG01 New Member

Car:
    B5.5 PASSAT
    Good day Fellas

Tris is the name,

I just purchased a 2005 VW Passat B5.5 which has a 1.9 TDI AVF engine coupled to a 6 spd Manual Transmission,

I love the lines on the car but it does have its fair share of problem

Mods/Admin, please move to the correct section if posted incorrectly

A bit of history on the car

I purchased the car from a guy who had the cylinder gasket replaced by one of his mechanics due to the car overheating. Eversince the car has been assembled, it no longer revs like it should. (revs to 2000rpm max) with pushing the accelerator to the floor it takes a hellava long time to rev up. he then took the car to another techie and he diagnosed that the turbo had to be replaced.

8000.00ZAR Later he still has the same problem

I have read up on the timing issue and I am certain the camshaft and diesel pump was not locked when the car was assembled.

I have searched around and cannot find a diy on setting cam and injector pump tighter for the AVF engine

I am capable of swinging a wrence and doing the repair on my own however this is my first diesel vehicle

Is there anyone who can advise on getting this car to run the way it should?

login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Well-Known Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Has nobody scanned for fault codes? For timing try the faq pages, different engine but same idea with everything being at the front.