1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Hello from new member

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by Blackbeard, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Blackbeard

Blackbeard New Member

Car:
    1999 beetle alh
    99 beetle Alh. Purchased Bug for our daughter when she went off to college, it served her well all through school and for several years after. Her husband loved driving it but lacked the mechanical skills to keep her going without expensive trips to the dealer. One day it wouldn't start so my daughter purchased herself a Lexus SUV and the bug was parked. This past April I decided to rescue her.

We had her towed the 400 miles ($1.00 a mile) to our home and I had her running within 2 days by installing New injector seals and fuel tank sender. Since then I have replaced PS pump,all vacuum lines ,tie rods,injector return lines,brakes,rotors,removed and cleaned the turbo and replaced the leaking actuator.

I thought I had dialed the actuator in but have had an over boost issue. To test my theory I placed a small piece of vacuum hose over the actuator stop screw & by reducing max boost the car will not go into limp mode. So I guess I will have to readjust the actuator.

Bug has 221k miles and the original clutch is still working great, next on the list of to do's are clean the injectors,replace all the fuel lines,shocks,put in the new headliner and replace the locking module. Drivers door will not lock unless you press remote unlock lock and key will not arm car. We have a u pull junk yard nearby so the wife and I go there often looking for little bits and pieces to spruce her up. My best score to date has been an in trunk disc changer for 5 bucks full of CDs
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    That's all very well but where did you bury the treasure? :D

welcometomyturbodies
  3. malymoniek

malymoniek New Member

Car:
    audi a4
    hello, im also new one. hope i'll stay here for some long. my car is audi a4 but old one (95'). hope i'll find what i search for.