Hello from 2011 Golf Wagon TDI owner

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by jwa, Jul 11, 2011.

1. jwa

jwa New Member

Car:
    2011 Golf (Jetta) Wagon TDI
    Hello,
    Just signed up today. I used your website and info as a deciding factor in purchasing a TDI, so thanks! I was on the fence about diesel and had some convincing of my better half to do regarding a TDI. We got a platinum grey metallic comfortline in March and have put on 8,500 kms on it....so far so good.

Only one question. My dealer put a 8,000 km oil change sticker on the windshield. Your forums talk about a 10,000 mile range for the first oil change, for engine break in. The oil level is fine (a little loss) and is fairly dark. My manual says 16,000 kms for first service. Any insights?

Love the site.

Thanks!
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Welcome! Ask your salesman if I can get some of his commission ;)

Ask the dealer if the oil change is free. If not, I'd go by what the owner's manual says, 16,000 km. The oil will be dark even when new because of the soot in the oil. Make sure they use 507.welcometomyturbodies
  3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies
    Well 16,00 km is 9942 miles thats what the handbook says. You should be able to check when the next service is due the the MFD settings?

I'm not sure why the dealer has put an 8,000 oil change sticker on the screen? In the States they get free oil changes I'm not sure if the do that in Canada?

Yes the oil will go black pretty quickly its just the detergent factor in the oil.