Hello all!

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by Paragon, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Paragon

Paragon New Member

Car:
    2005.5 Jetta
    I am brand new here, I found the site through an internet search regarding the camshaft replacement of my 2005.5 Jetta. It has been relatively trouble free in its 159,000miles aside from this issue. Long story short, I have noticed more smoke from the exhaust and a small loss of power in the lower range from what I remember. I took a look at the camshaft yesterday and sure enough I have at least 4 lobes worn, it kind of burst my bubble so to speak since just last week I broke the 60mpg barrier for my first time on a 280 mile trip. I am very familiar with CAT, Cummins, and Yanmar diesels but I know almost zero about my VW so hopefully I'll be able to learn a little from the forum and maybe one day I hope i can be able to give back. :bowdown

Thanks,
    Trey
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    welcometomyturbodies very common prob, make sure to check out the DIY article!
  3. Paragon

Paragon New Member

Car:
    2005.5 Jetta
    Thanks, will do! It doesn't appear to be too difficult. The only thing I have some reservations about is setting the camshaft timing, if there is not mush more to it than what I read, I'm confident I can get it done.