1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Hello - 2013 Passat TDI or Audi A3 TDI

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by ltdunstan, Jun 8, 2012.

1. ltdunstan

ltdunstan New Member

Car:
    VW Passat 2012
    I am a new member and looking to buy either a 2013 Passat TDI or an Audi A3 TDI. I am leaning toward the Audi - but I the information on the internet is conflicting as to whether or not the A3 will be a sedan or hatchback for the US. Anyone have more information on the US Spec 2013 A3?
    login to remove this ad
  2. DubFamily

DubFamily Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Get the Passat. Unless you are absolutely dead-set on a hatchback, you can get the Passat fully loaded for the price of a lightly equipped A3, and the loaded Passat is a lot of car for the money :thumbsup
  3. 3waygeek

3waygeek New Member

Car:
    2010 Audi A3 TDI
    The US-spec 2013 A3 will be a continuation of the current model -- a 4-door sportback with the 2.0L TDI engine (no AdBlue, unlike the Passat) and 6-speed DSG. The new MQB-based A3 won't be available in the US for at least another 12 months, and will likely be called a 2014 model.