Heated Seats

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by macrum, Mar 25, 2013.

1. macrum

macrum New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta tdi sportwagon
    Hi, I have a 2012 JSW TDI that has heated seats and recently my son bought a 2013 Golf with no heated seats. Can anyone tell me if the seats he has might have the heating elements built in but just not hooked up? The reason I ask is that I had a LandRover Discovery a few years ago that didn't have heated seats, but I found out the heating elements were there but just no switch on the dash. I purchased the switches for dash, and low and behold, I now had heated seats!

thanks for the help.
    Mike
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Definitely not, heat is part of the seat skin. You'd have to swap the seat skins, wiring, and buttons and then code it in the central electric system.
  3. macrum

macrum New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta tdi sportwagon
    thank you for the quick reply... it was a shot in the dark and worked so slick with the rover, just had to ask.
    Mike
  4. ksing44

ksing44 Member

Who cares if it has seat heaters? Who needs a hot sweaty ass, not me! Oh, for your old sore back, give me a break. I think seat heaters are for girls, period!!!
  5. Cogen Man

Cogen Man Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2011
    Mods:
    Window tint, window vent visors, ScanGauge II.
    Holy cow. Such anger. Give him a break. He was just asking. :D
    I love my heated seats when it's -20 F or colder. But then my wife loves her's too. And she's a girly girl.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  6. ksing44

ksing44 Member

I suppose there was some truth in my jest, but I was really just kidding and hoping to be a little funny. Enjoy your warm butts, and your wife's warm butt too! Hey, I like you guys. You own TDIs!
  7. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I've heard an aspirin between the knees helps that, works as cheap birth control too according to this guy! Science? Who needs logic:ban
  8. ksing44

ksing44 Member

That would be - "are for girl's period"... Not - "are for girls, period!"

But I hear you on the Santorum thing.

You're funny like me! I guess now we're offtopic2
  9. RobertA

RobertA Member

Car:
    2011 Sportswagen TDI, MT, Prem Pkg, Red/Cornsilk
    Mods:
    Blaupunct 8" Powered sub
    Our Subaru has a switch for each seat but our JSW doesn't from what I can tell. You can't just heat one seat? My wife likes to turn them on more often than I and it just makes sense that there should be a way to control each.
  10. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Mods:
    Golf R Steering wheel, E-Brake handle and Shifter \ Sport Pedals \ Torque Pro App \ Clear Sidemarkers
    You should have a button for each seat... The Driver's button is inside the temperature control Knob; the passenger button is inside the vent control knob (that controls where air is directed).
  11. RobertA

RobertA Member

Car:
    2011 Sportswagen TDI, MT, Prem Pkg, Red/Cornsilk
    Mods:
    Blaupunct 8" Powered sub
    Thanks, Dub. Been working through the manuals but there's so much to learn. Right now, I'm trying to figure out all the settings and screens in the MFD menus. Pretty complicated, so many ifs ands or buts.