He did it backwards. luckly

Discussion in 'The off ramp' started by Jackfromvision, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Jackfromvision

Jackfromvision New Member

Car:
    2000 Jetta stage 3 RC tune. 2000 Golf Bosio injectors,Kerma tune, VR-6 clutch kit
    Mods:
    Injectors, Tunes, Koni struts and springs
    My friend Pete drives a very nice Jetta 5. 150 k miles meticulously maintained. He always goes to the same fuel station. A couple of weeks ago he bought an 88 Jeep on the cheap. The Jeep needed a new carb, timing chain, and some TLC. Then it ran great. He went to the gas station filled up and drove it home. It drove fine, but when he went back out to start it the next day it wouldn't run. Squirt gas in the carb it runs then dies after killing a zillion mosquitoes. He called me to look at it. I opened up the carb and the "gas" was green. I told him to pour some gas from the carb on the floor and light it on fire. Guess what? No burn, because diesel doesn't burn when you pour it onto concrete and toss a match on it. He was so used to getting diesel he filled his Jeep with 20 gallons of diesel. My theory is he had enough gas in the bottom of the tank, and the vehicle was hot enough that it made the 6 mile trip home.

For sale: 20 gallons of Dieseline. Cheap.
    login to remove this ad
  2. mr rooney

mr rooney Member

Car:
    Seat Ibiza tdi 130 sport 2003
    Mods:
    205 bhp /380ftlbs
    Great story lol! Hope your mate sorts the jeep out though!
  3. Cogen Man

Cogen Man Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2011
    Mods:
    Window tint, window vent visors, ScanGauge II.
    Yikes !!! Drain, flush, new fuel filter and fill with gas. All will be well.
  4. Barnswallow

Barnswallow New Member

Car:
    2005 Jetta GLS TDI
    All you need is to find somebody with an old Deuce and a Half multifuel. North Carolina, there must be lots of them. My husband has one. Viet Nam era, '69. Burns pretty much anything. We usually feed it diesel but it'll burn gas, waste motor oil, trans fluid, waste veg oil, whatever. Only thing that tends to be too rich for it is av gas.

Reminds me of a story I heard from either my father or my grandfather. My grandfather went off to Boot Camp for WW2. My grandmother, being the resourceful woman she was. Car needed gas- obviously my grandfather was considerate enough to leave that nice 55 gallon drum of gas for her.

When he came back he asked her "where did that 55 gallon drum of diesel go"? Ohhhh. so that's why the car ran like ch!t and kept quitting......
  5. barrettg

barrettg New Member

Car:
    2012 VW TDI
    Ive almost done that a couple times. Hopefully I never do